The Advantages of Grinding Asphalt
• One step process instead of cutting, excavating, hauling and dumping.
• This program recycles asphalt that would normally be dumped into expensive landfills.
• Recycled asphalt is re-used as approved back fill.
• Trucking of broken asphalt is eliminated. The recycled asphalt can be stock piled on site for back fill later.
• No pipe laying delays. After we grind the trench, the grindings can be left in the trench line as a temporary road patch and traffic can immediately drive over the trench.
• Our grinders are equipped with side bits that produce a feathered rough edge along the trench sides rather than a straight cold cut (from saw cutting). This allows for a superior base and final install of hot mix asphalt when the job is completed.
• Cost: comparable or less costly than saw cutting... or much less costly after you factor in stripping, hauling, and dumping of asphalt chunks.
• Reduce your restoration costs and excavation costs with a narrow trench.
• Our profiling machines also allow us to prepare existing asphalt for overlays and patching.